Last week I had the privelige to tour the NYC Google offices. Coming up in September, Digital DUMBO is hosting an event with Google Local and saw this as a great opportunity to visit their offices and meet a fellow Community Manager. (Side note: We both went to UCF, I love small world coincidences like that.)
I’ve always had an obsession with visiting tech and other great brand’s offices in New York. Then I thought being the OCD list maker I am, wouldn’t it be fun to write down all the offices I’ve visited as well as the ones on my office “bucket list”.
Here’s my list. What are some of your favorite offices in the city?
Tech & Awesome Brands I’ve Visited:
- Google – They have about 4 cafeterias on one floor with great food + Legos.
- Buzzfeed – Everything you’d image the Buzzfeed office would be.
- Foursquare – Customized conference rooms named after badges, cafeteria with a calligrapher that comes in each week to write out the upcoming menu and craft beer for the following week.
- Warby Parker – Dream company + Showroom inside their offices!
- Shutterstock – Photos on each elevator door.
- AOL – Catered events.
- AppNexus – Have their own auditorium space and cafeteria space for events and talks.
- Flavorpill – Graffiti, high ceilings, lots of light, Friday lunches.
- Tasting Table – Spacious, lots of light, test kitchens on site.
- MKG – Each conference room is different and has a theme + word search board and photo booth.
- Percolate – I haven’t seen the new offices, just the old one!
- Tumblr – They have their own Grady’s Cold Brew fridge and Tumblr user artwork around the office.
- Bitly – Pufferfish every where!
- Tattly/ StudioMates – Always full of fun surprises.
- Ogilvy – Huge and fancy.
- Times Square Alliance – Over looks Times Square, of course.
- Birchbox – So pink!
- Artsy – Probably has the best view of the entire city. Like Top of the Rock good.
- Vemeo – Huge and snacks galore! And they have their own popcorn machine.
- General Assembly – Open space, good classroom environment.
- Huge – The whole office has design in mind. They also name their conferences after celebs. Justin, Britney, Kim.
- Sesame St. – Interactive Sesame Street coffee table, their creative department is more fun and colorful.
- Squarespace – Customer support has their own floor, and they have pretty great snackage.
- Contently – Epic bookshelf in color coordinated order.
- MediaBistro – Went there for classes, it was a pretty ordinary office.
Company Bucket List
- Big Spaceship
- Gilt Group
- Fast Co.